Basil Oil Recipe
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cooking time: 0 minutes
Serves: 6-8 (depending on usage)
Ingredients: • 50g YUZU’s Genovese Basil • 200g olive oil • pinch of salt
- Wash the basil leaves thoroughly and pat them dry using a kitchen towel.
- Blanch the basil leaves in boiling water for 20 seconds
- Refresh the basil in ice water
- Drain excess water
- In a blender or food processor, combine the basil leaves and olive oil. Blend until smooth.
- Add a pinch of salt and blend again to mix well.
- Store in the refrigerator, and consume ideally within 2 days.
Ways to use basil oil: • In salad dressings • Toppings for Pasta • Topping for your egg breakfast • Drizzle on your avocado on toast • Drizzle on your vegetables